meaningless lines

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The shadow of my friend

She was sitting in the middle of the room all dressed black sadness added to her beauty. I sat in a corner that allows seeing the entire house, the same house that witnessed our friendship. I used to spend more time here than in my home, I remember the fights I had with my parents for her sake. I can see my memories every where I can even hear our voices I can’t believe that time flew and that I am back here to this prison where I locked my self willingly 20 years ago as a fat teenager, lacking a smashing beauty but had the wisdom of grown up, I was charmed with her beauty that all boys where chasing, and she found in me the friend that keeps a secret and give advices that always worked. All I wanted is to be near the queen of all girls at school as I will only be accepted through her. Things I did for her where beyond the logic and reasons of a person like me I covered up of her so she can meet her boy friends I wrote her love letter because she get bored of writing. I studied for her done her homework.

I did her house work, baby-sat her sister while she was on the phone with her lover. I kept going on with no limits for what I can do for her I lived in her shadow I was seen through her eyes no one cared or even thoughts about discovering this shadow of the queen I was just there unseen unheard unnoticed but I didn’t care as long as I have the chance to be around her and her smile would wipe all pain I suffered for knowing deep down inside that she doesn’t really give a dam about me.
I don’t know how long it took me to be weaned from her, to be able to live on my own; I don’t even remember why I did that. I just one day had enough I walked away disappeared from her life and the funny thing that she didn’t even noticed that I am not there any more. All the years I believed that I was indispensable for her were wasted, I lost myself in hers and the scars still there. The pain was coming back so fast that I wanted to leave before she sees me, but it was too late she spotted me, screamed my name and welcomed me with a big hug and said that as I used to be there for her in hard times and cried the loss of her father on my shoulder. For a moment I was about to me caught in her shadow, I extruded myself from her arms before melting in her gain and run out shouting that I have to go now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home